Raymond Longoria Insurance Click to Call
Raymond Longoria Insurance

Home Automobile Homeowners Life Business Health

One of the first steps you should take when starting a small business is to schedule an appointment with your local insurance agent. Why? You need commercial insurance, specifically, general liability insurance. Certain niches and industries require more coverage than others. This is especially true if theimage of lady working on a computer work you do is a little on the risky side.

How do you determine if your business should have a policy? Here are the top five industries that need general liability insurance coverage.

#1: General or Repair Contractors

Job sites can be a dangerous place and sometimes even the most preventable accidents can happen. Whether your company handles new construction, renovation, or repair, you need a general liability insurance policy as an added backup to protect your assets. If someone gets hurt on your property, you'll likely be able to handle any coverage of their losses.

#2: Real Estate Agents

In contrast to contractors, real estate agents typically need a general liability policy for reasons other than physical injury. Instead, they need coverage to protect against personal and advertising injury claims. If a former client or a competitor claims your marketing materials caused them harm in any manner, your policy might be able to help you fight these claims in court.

#3: Retail Stores

Owning a retail store has tons of benefits. However, an innocent situation where a customer trips and falls while at your location or claims your employees damaging their personal property can have serious ramifications on your business. A general liability policy can help with these types of unfortunate situations.

#4: Restaurants

Similar to retail stores, restaurants need general liability insurance protection. This type of policy can assist if a client becomes injured while at your location or feels the food you prepared made them ill and they choose to file a lawsuit.

#5: Consultants and Independent Contractors

Unfortunately, many consultants don’t realize that they need general liability insurance coverage. The truth is that independent contractors—including marketers, graphic designers, and IT professionals—are just as liable as any of the industries mentioned above. In fact, their businesses are often riskier than even someone working on a construction site.

Of course, these are just a few of the many different small business industries that need a general liability insurance policy. Liability claims can take on many forms. So, it is important to discuss your situation with an insurance agent directly. Contact your local office today for more details.

Also Read: Expanding General Liability Insurance with Umbrella Insurance

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version

Footer Links Home Page About Us Carriers Home Page Quote News Contact Us

Raymond Longoria Insurance
2025 N Conway Ave
Mission, TX 78572
Phone: (956) 581-1034
Toll-Free: (888) 296-0345