Looking for coverage? Click below to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Quote Form
Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Add Driver to Existing Auto Policy
Add Vehicle to Existing Auto Policy
Auto Accident Claim
Remove Driver from Existing Auto Policy
Remove Vehicle from Existing Auto Policy
Request ID Card for Auto Policy
Preparing Your Car For Hail
What Qualifies as a Total Loss for Car Insurance?
Do You Need More Than Liability Insurance on Your Old Car
Does a Seatbelt Ticket Raise Your Insurance Rates?
How to Find the Best Auto Body Shop to Fix Your Car
Packing An Emergency Kit For Your Car
Thinking of Selling Your Car Before Moving?
Read more auto insurance articles here
Laredo Auto Insurance
Edinburg, Mission, McAllen and all across the Rio Grand Valley of Texas
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why Do You Need Auto Insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions To Ask Your Agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in Raymond Longoria Insurance. We work on behalf of our clients not carriers to bring you the best coverage and rates. Please feel free to call our office at 888-296-0345 or email your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly.